Thank you for making a contribution to Saint John's Prep!
1. Who do I contact to help or make a gift?
Click here to give online or call the Development Office at 1-800-525-7737. We would love to talk with you on how you can get involved!
2. What does the Development team do?
Development exists to foster relationships, cultivate and share support and serve as a resource for meaningful communication. We raise money for financial assistance for students, endowment and capital projects. We also keep our 3,500 alumni/ae connected through publications, events and social media. Contact Dave Thorman if you'd like to volunteer with our Development team.
3. How do you raise money for Saint John's Prep?
- Prep Classic at Madden's golf tournament
- Grand Tour of Nations auction and dinner
- Board of Regents support- 100% of Regents make a gift every year
- Mailed appeals to alumni/ae, parents and friends
- Personal asks of alumni/ae, parents and friends
- Sponsorship asks of organizations
- Planned, estate gifts
- Faculty & Staff support
4. What is the money used for?
Unrestricted gifts go to support the Annual Fund for Students which helps to fund financial assistance for students. Annually, SJP gives more than $700,000 in financial assistance to families. We raise a little more than $300,000 - so everything we raise goes to help students attend Prep.
Temporarily Restricted gifts go to specific purposes like choir robes, telescopes or whatever the donor designates.
Permanently Restricted gifts to our Endowment Fund, which is a little over $10,000,000. Each year, 4.5% of the interest earned on this fund goes to fund scholarships and financial assistance.
5. How can I help make Saint John's Prep affordable for more families?
- Volunteer! We need help in many ways- serving on a committee, soliciting auction items for Grand Tour of Nations and help with Prep Life and event logistics.
- Attend Events! Like to golf? Attend Prep Classic and fill out a four-some! Celebrate our donors and inspirational members of the Prep Community at the Legacy Dinner.
- Give! Without annual financial support from Saint John's Abbey, it's up to the Prep Community to help make Saint John's Prep a viable option for families.