Class Agent Program
Saint John’s Prep’s Class Agent program was reorganized in Spring of 2012, with a mission to empower volunteers to pass on information to alumni about SJP and the lives of their classmates, and to encourage classmate gifts to the Annual Fund. Responsibilities for Class Agents fall into three major categories:
- Meet and/or contact the Director of Advancement a minimum of two times a year via email, phone or in person.
- Contact classmates personally.
- Communicate specific donor interests and concerns to the Advancement Office.
- Be knowledgeable about the careers and interests of fellow classmates.
- Familiarize yourself and remain informed about Saint John’s Prep by reading Prep Life, the Annual Report, the website and other school publications and social media.
- Communicate effectively and promptly.
- Promote and collect class notes from classmates for Prep Life as well as keep the Advancement Office updated about changes to contact information on classmates (email and physical addresses,phone numbers, job/occupation, etc.).
- Make a financial commitment to Saint John’s Prep at a level that is personally meaningful. Class Agents set the example for their class by making consistent and generous annual gifts. Don’t cheer from the sidelines — lead the charge!
- Write two fund-raising letters to the class each year, with assistance from the Advancement Office. Sign and make personal notes on at least one of these letters. Personalization is what will set the Class Agent letters apart from other SJP solicitations and will make the program successful. The Advancement Office will provide support to you by printing the letters and sending them to you or will provide envelopes, mailing labels or Excel spreadsheets, postage, and photocopying of the letter or letterhead; whatever works for you!
- Sign and make personal notes on thank-you postcards for all classmates who make a gift to SJP. We won’t share dollar amounts; just that they participated.
- Communicate any specific classmate/donor interest or gift potential to the Alumni Office as they arise.
- Encourage classmates to attend various alumni events throughout the year such as Alumni Events, the Prep Classic at Madden’s, Christmas at Saint John’s, Grand Tour of Nations and Reunion Weekend.
- Remain in contact to help begin reunion planning.
- Contact and encourage classmates in late winter/early spring to attend Reunion Weekend (always the last weekend in June) and attend yourself
Check the Class Agent list to the left and if your class does not have a Class Agent, please consider volunteering. Just contact Brenda Brown, Director of Advancement, for more information.